Lifeline has made a donation of £25,000 to Notts County in order to contribute to the unpaid salaries of club staff.
The donation, which has been ratified by the membership committee, is being shared among employees who do not benefit from any external financial assistance.
The monies have been gratefully received by all beneficiaries, who would like to thank Lifeline’s members and committee for their generosity and support.
Lifeline coordinator Lynn Lawson said: “On behalf of my fellow Lifeline committee members Daphne Mounteney, Les Bradd and Colin Slater, who we hope you all agree have the club’s best interests at heart, we would like to say thank you to our members, who continue to make Lifeline a success ever since it was launched 33 years ago. This is a record of which you and we should all be very proud.
“As a committee we meet on a quarterly basis, and more often if urgent business requires us to do so. Our agendas include many aspects of issues associated with Lifeline, with membership of the scheme and distribution of the money raised being among the regular items.
“It needs to be emphasised that all monies raised are always donated to the club - not ever to any individual. In the instance of our most recent donation, the club's Human Resources and Finance departments have worked together to distribute the funds in a fair and honest way.
“Under the current ownership, £211,000 (including today's donation) has been released for the benefit of the club, funding the following important projects:
- Installation of a state-of-the-art indoor training surface in the Haydn Green Family Stand (a facility used by all age groups)
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Meadow Lane playing surface
- Essential boiler repairs
- The purchase of a new first-team kit van
- Renovation of the club’s IT infrastructure, enabling contactless payments at the ticket office and concourse kiosks
- Player/match sponsorship and other initiatives, all of which help to promote, grow and maintain Lifeline
- Lifeline server replacement/upgrade
“Finally, as an assurance, at its regular meetings the Lifeline committee always considers any issues raised by members of the scheme and will continue to do so.
"Your part in helping us grow Lifeline is absolutely vital to our continued success so please continue your loyal, excellent and much-appreciated support.”
Click here to learn more about Lifeline.