Adam Collin has joined the Magpies on a two year deal, and has a wealth of experience at League One, Championship and Scottish Premiership level. Here's five interesting facts about him...
1. He is an absolute king when it comes to penalties.
There seem to be certain people you can always back in certain situations and, when it comes to penalty shoot-outs, it appears Adam Collin is one of those people.
While at Rotherham, the keeper stopped two penalties in a dramatic shoot-out at Wembley to send his side back to the Championship and then admitted to that’s the standard for him.
“I’ve actually got a good record at penalties,” admitted a modest Collin. “I’ve been involved in seven shoot outs, won all seven and saved two in each so I backed myself when I was up there.”
Seven shoot-outs and seven wins. Let that sink in!
2. He went viral on Youtube with a dramatic triple save for Rotherham against Norwich City.
Yes, Collin took the internet by storm with an unbelievable triple save at Carrow Road, including two efforts from pretty much point-blank range from Cameron Jerome.
To ensure the glory didn't stop there, within 15 seconds of those saves being made, Rotherham went up the other end and won a penalty through Matt Derbyshire.
3. He played for Workington Reds for five seasons and quickly became a fans favourite, and earned the nickname 'Marlon'.
We had no clue why but did our research. According to Workington Reds fans, this is because he looks like Emmerdale character Marlon Dingle, played by Mark Charnock!
His Rotherham team mates called him 'Big Giraffe'!
4. Collin's former team mates include Notts midfielder Rob Milsom at Rotherham, who told Notts' media team that he has nothing but praise for the shot stopper.
Milsom said, "The League 1 season spent together at Rotherham was one of fond memories, and Adam played a huge part in that."
"The Wembley play off final save he made was massive for him but also massive for us as a team".
5. He claims to be a good golfer.
It could be interesting to see how he fares against Notts' very own Colin Montgomerie, Mike Edwards!
Apparently Alan Smith plays too. He reckons.