A new job vacancy at the Football Club...
Job Title: Youth Development Phase Coach (12-16)
Responsible to: Lead Youth Development Phase Coach; Head of Academy Coaching; Academy Manager
Hours Required to Work: 3 sessions + 1 match per week (Training on Monday & Wednesday evening + Saturday morning, Matches played on Sunday morning)
Salary: £25 per session/match; away match transportation provided
Academy coaching staff are instrumental in developing young players to fulfill their potential and represent Notts County Football Club at the highest level. Coaches will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the coaching programme, including the club philosophy on style of play for their age group team, session design in conjunction with the technical syllabus and scheme of work and administering the Academy code of conduct.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develop, design and deliver challenging tactical and technical session practices in line with the Notts County FC Academy Performance Plan.
• Attend all relevant Academy sessions and arrive at least 15 minutes prior to training sessions and at least 15 minutes prior to player arrival on match days.
• Conduct warm-ups to training session in conjunction with Pro Football Support.
• Understand and deliver the Notts County FC philosophy for playing matches in the Youth Development Phase (9v9 or 11v11).
• Manage match day procedure with regards to warm-ups, target setting for individuals and the team, and ensuring equal playing time.
• Maintain Football League team record books and keep fully up-to-date, including accurate records of training attendance and playing time for each player.
• Compile team sheets, match reports and individual feedback in conjunction with ProFootballSupport after each Academy game.
• Conduct 6 weekly reviews on the progress of all individuals.
• Liaise with parents regarding development and expectations.
• Maintain player assessment records and trialist information.
• Assess the qualities of the registered players and trialists.
• Welcome all trialists and parents and complete internet player match reports and all necessary Football League paperwork and keep lead youth development phase coach and academy manager updated on the trialists’ progress.
• Communicate with the Academy Manager and Head of Talent Identification regarding the recruitment needs for the squad.
• Submit session plans and time sheets by the 15th of every month.
• Manage the provision of match kit on game days.
• Maintain and take care of all clothing and equipment provided.
• Attend all club/Football League/FA CPD events to enhance qualifications and understanding.
• Understand, adhere to, and enforce the codes of conduct set by Notts County FC Academy for players, parents, and coaches.
• Be responsible for all first aid matters and liaise with the Physiotherapist.
• Ensure the safety of all players.
• Be responsible for all squad members.
• Attend and contribute to all staff development meetings.
• UEFA ‘B’ License
• FA Youth Award (or working towards)
• Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club
• Attend all CPD events as required
Key Performance Indicators:
• Help players to achieve their 12 week developmental targets
• Ensure every player reaches their full potential
• Ensure that the Notts County Football Club philosophy is adhered to
• Produce detailed session plans and evaluations for every training session
• Use a variety of coaching styles appropriate to the session, team and individuals
For more details on the vacancy or to apply please email Pete Jarvis on email@example.com with a CV and Covering Letter.