An opportunity to work in the Notts County medical and physiotherapy team at Meadow Lane for the 2014.15 season.
Job title: Sport Science Opportunity
Organisation: Notts County FC
Closing date: 20 June 2014
Contract type: Full time
A unique opportunity has arisen for a sport science graduate to gain full time experience in the setting of professional Sport. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain experience with the First Team/Development Squad. This opportunity will expose the chosen candidate to world class learning opportunities both within the area of sport science and the world of football. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to MSc and Bsc lecturing and post-graduate courses.
The successful candidate will gain experience in:
• The rationale/practicalities of player screening
• Monitoring of players training load using Polar Team 2
• Physiological testing
• Upkeep of a comprehensive database
• Delivery of Sports Science services at matches
• Nutritional support
• Monitoring players hydration status
• Delivery of conditioning and recovery sessions
• Undergraduate degree in Sport Science/Exercise Physiology
• Ability to communicate effectively with large groups
• Ability to communicate and work closely with the Medical and Sports Science department
• Professional approach
• Have an appreciation of the scientific underpinnings of team sports
• UKSCA/NSCA accreditation
• ISAK Level 1
• Masters in Sport Science or related field
• Excellent IT skills especially with Excel
This opportunity will commence in late June 2014 and will be available through to May 2015. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience throughout the season.
Please note that this opportunity is unpaid and is there to assist in your own personal development plan and career development.
How to apply:
in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter
Interview dates: w/c 24 June 2014