On Thursday 26 September the Notts County Disabled Supporters Association will be hosting its Annual General Meeting.
The meeting will be held at 7pm in the Players' and Media Lounge at Meadow Lane.
Since its formations the DSA has attempted to promote three objectives:
- First, in conjunction with the club, to improve the experience of disabled supporters of Notts County Football Club and their carers.
- Second to act as the principal point of contact for all disabled supporters with an interest in Notts County Football Club, and to represent these concerns to the club in a timely and effective fashion.
- Third to help promote equality and respect for all supporters of Notts County Football Club.
Over the coming season the DSA will also organise a calendar of social events and evenings with Notts players past and present.
In the last year the DSA has dealt with issues surrounding ticketing and stewarding for disabled supporters as well as helping the club improve the safety and comfort of disabled supporters by pointing out several issues around the grounds which were resolved during the club’s annual maintenance of the ground over the closed season.
In the course of the coming season the DSA hopes to embark on a programme of fund raising and events which will involve regular meetings with players and staff from Notts County.
The DSA also hopes to help the club undertake its first comprehensive access audit of Meadow Lane.
If you would like to be a part of this exciting future come along to the AGM.
The positions up for election are:
• Physical Disabilities Representative
• Visual and Hearing Impaired Representative
• Special Needs Representative
For further information, call 0115 9557 204.