Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

25 January 2022 Venue Grosvenor Vale Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


Vanarama National League

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Wealdstone 0-0 Notts

We're held at Grosvenor Vale

25 January 2022

We were left frustrated by a resolute Wealdstone side as we were forced to settle for a point at Grosvenor Vale.

After a quiet first half we came to life in the second, applying plenty of pressure to the Stones’ defence and going closest when Jayden Richardson saw a shot cleared off the line late on.

But there was to be no breakthrough as our six-game winning streak came to an end.

Despite what would prove to be a rusty-looking opening period, we had a good opportunity to take an early lead when Kyle Wootton's shot was parried into the air, presenting Cal Roberts with a chance to put us ahead. The Geordie tried to guide a side-footed volley beyond George Wickens but couldn't get the direction he was looking for.

The hosts' response came from Josh Umerah five minutes later when he met a wide free-kick with a deft flick which sent the ball just over Sam Slocombe's crossbar.

Slocombe was tested properly for the first time on 20 minutes when he got down to make a good save from Jamie Mascoll and, despite us controlling the rest of the half, our keeper had to be alert again shortly before the break to make a decent save at his near post and claim the subsequent corner.

Burchnall revealed after the match that he was disappointed with our first-half performance and saw fit to throw Zak Brunt into the action in place of Frank Vincent.

A livlier team performance was to follow as we applied concerted pressure on our hosts from the off, Richardson firing a shot over from a tight angle and Wootton seeing a rebound agonisingly evade him in the area.

Richardson tried his luck once again shortly after the hour, cutting on to his left foot and drawing a save from Wickens at his near post, with Slocombe being tested once more moments later as he pushed away a low free-kick.

Richard Brindley saw a well-struck long-range effort pushed wide, with Kyle Cameron heading the resultant corner off-target, before Burchnall sent Connor Parsons and Elisha Sam on for Adam Chicksen and Ruben Rodrigues.

We continued to press and thought we'd scored when Richardson's low effort beat Wickens, but not a well-positioned defender on the line.

After Sam had been crowded out in the area as he tried to shoot following Parsons' cross, it was looking more and more likely the match would end in stalemate.

And so it proved as, inside four added minutes, our final chance of the game went begging as Wootton's shot following Roberts' speedy counter-attack was brilliantly blocked by a defender.

STARTING XI: Slocombe; Cameron, Lacey, Brindley; Chicksen (Parsons 69'), Richardson; Palmer, Vincent (Brunt 46'), Roberts; Rodrigues (Sam 72'), Wootton

UNUSED SUBS: Francis, Mitchell

BOOKINGS: Cameron 42', Brindley 65'

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Shop