Notts County Football Club (NCFC) and Notts County Foundation (NCF) are genuinely committed to an inclusive player engagement programme which will facilitate player visits whenever possible in order to maximise the importance, the value and the impact that the players have in their community as role models.
NCFC acknowledges and recognises the importance of the work that NCF delivers around its core aims of Sports Participation, Education, Health, Equality and Social Inclusion and will monitor the player requests closely in line with the Player Engagement Recommendations and formalised player visit procedures.
It is with regret that we are unable to fulfil every request for player visits but we will use our best endeavours to ensure player engagement is an ongoing feature throughout the season.
Player engagement procedures
- The club will only accept 'Player Request Forms' or letters –verbal requests will not be considered.
- 'Player Request Forms' and letters should be submitted four weeks in advance of the community event.
- The club will 'profile' players for community engagement using the PFA questionnaire template. This will ensure players attend the right initiatives and are comfortable being at the chosen activity.
- The club will appoint 'Player Ambassadors' for the appropriate themed events.
- Requests must fall under one of the following categories: Community (schools, charities, fetes, local clubs, etc), Commercial Partners, Supporters' Clubs
- Players should only attend community or charity events within a 15 mile radius of the stadium or training ground.
- The maximum duration of player visits will be approximately one hour.
- All player visit requests will be assessed according to player availability or themed activity.
- Players should not be requested to take part in any activity with the risk of injury.
- All players will be 'briefed' before the community or charity event.
- New requests for player visits will take priority over repeat requests.
- The event should not be centred on the players visit and must have a separate purpose.
All player visits are subject to change and may require rescheduling.
Appearance requests will be unsuccessful if the requesting organisation conflicts with any of the club's official sponsors.
- Appearances will not be considered on a weekend or a Thursday
- The club will be unable to guarantee any player visits before 4pm
- The club will be unable to guarantee player visits on team travel days to away games
- The club will be unable to sanction player visits during the close season (May to July)
- The players will conduct themselves appropriately on all occasions
- The players will arrive in plenty of time at the agreed location
- The players will wear the appropriate dress code as outlined by the club
- The players may use social media to promote the activity (prior to or after the event)
Requests via post must be sent to:
Notts County Football Club
Tel: 0115 952 9000